- Professor Tridib Banerjee, Sol Price School of Policy, University of Southern California, LA.Wednesday 31st October 2012 - 5:30pm
Tridib's lecture will discuss the theme of public space with a critical perspective that questions neoliberal enthusiasm about privatisation of public space
- Andy Fryers, Greenprint Director, Hay FestivalTuesday 30th October 2012 - 5:30pm
Festivals, in common with all businesses, have a responsibility to both maximise the positive impacts and minimise their direct impacts on the environment.
SUSTAINABILITY WEEK: Further Adventures in Coat Hunting: Cultural Geographies of Climatic Accommodation and How We Might Do ThemDr Russell Hitchings, UCL Department of GeographyTuesday 30th October 2012 - 4:00pm
This paper considers the difference between how climate change is studied by social scientists and how it is dealt with by people.
- Two day conference starts on:Monday 29th October 2012 - 9:00am
Fee: Â£95. Conference hosted by the Sustainable Places Research Institute.
- Staff and Students at CPLAN will dress in green today in aid of Size of WalesFriday 26th October 2012 - 9:00am
As the Staff at CPLAN were holding a 'Think Pink' day in aid of Breast Cancer Awareness on the 19th October. Staff and Students will collect and donate on behalf of Size of Wales today.
- Professor Karel Williams, Centre Director, Manchester Business School, University of ManchesterTuesday 23rd October 2012 - 5:30pm
In the ex-industrial Welsh economy, expansion of state funded activity can no longer cover the inability of the private sector to create jobs. Public lecture hosted by the Innovation & Engagement Unit.
- Dr Nora Schuurman, PhD Fellow, University of Eastern Finland, Joensuu, Fl.Tuesday 23rd October 2012 - 4:00pm
Nora Schuurman is a Postdoctoral Fellow at the University of Eastern Finland in Joensuu. Public seminar series hosted by the Environment Research Group
- Dr Zoltan Csefalvay, Minister of State of HungaryMonday 22nd October 2012 - 5:30pm
The economic crises in Europe and the Eurozone have been deeper and longer than either politicians or economists anticipated. Public lecture hosted by the Innovation and Engagement Unit.
- Morgan Parry, Professor Roger A. Falconer & Professor Brian Morgan-Chaired by Professor Kevin MorganTuesday 16th October 2012 - 5:30pm
The Cardiff School of Planning and Geography Innovation and Engagement opening event of the new academic year. A lively debate on the proposed Severn Tidal Barrage. Hosted by the Innovation & Engagement Unit.
Exploring the Space Between Words and Meaning: Understanding the Relational Sensibility of Surf SpacesDr Jon Anderson, Senior Lecturer in Human Geography, Cardiff School of Planning and GeographyTuesday 9th October 2012 - 4:00pm
Talk and movie presentation: Dr Jon Anderson will present the film he made for the 'Affective Landscapes' conference earlier in 2012. Public Seminar series hosted by the Environment Research Group