The School offers a wide range of Masters programmes that address contemporary policy and research issues. They are situated within the key policy research areas and research groups in the School and their students form an important part of the life of the Graduate School. All Masters students are members of the Masters Graduate School of City and Regional Planning (MGS), which seeks to ensure that the School is a place where students and scholars can advance intellectually and in career and professional terms.
The School currently offers the following Masters taught programmes:
- MSc Eco-Cities
- MSc Geography: Policy and Practice
- MSc International Planning and Development
- MSc Spatial Planning and Development
This programme, previously titled MSc Planning Practice and Research, has been revised and retitled to better reflect the relevance of the course content to contemporary planning challenges and opportunities within and outside the UK.
- MSc Sustainability, Planning and Environmental Policy
- MSc Transport and Planning
- MSc Urban and Regional Development
This programme, previously titled MSc Regeneration Studies, has been revised and retitled to better reflect the relevance of the course content to international, european and UK students.
- MA Urban Design
- PG Certificate in Planning Practice
- PLANET Europe: MSc European Spatial Planning, Environmental Policies and Regional Development
- Social Science Research Methods (Environmental Planning)(MSc/Diploma)
The courses are well recognised by the academic and policy communities both domestically and internationally with professional recognition from the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI), the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT).
In 2010, 86% of graduates in the School were in a form of employment within six months of graduation while 3% were engaged in further study. The School hosts an annual careers fair that brings together former students, employers and professional bodies. The event provides the opportunity for current students to gain insight into career opportunities and how to maximise their employment prospects.