Smart Specialisation and Regional Innovation: Challenges and Opportunities Facing Less Developed Innovation SystemsSpeaker list to be updated soon...Wednesday 4th March 2015 - 9:00am
The concept of Smart Specialisation for research and innovation has gathered significant momentum through its adoption by the European Commission as a condition for the approval of EU Structural Fund programmes.
- Speaker list enclosedThursday 5th March 2015 - 5:30pm
Sustainability Focus 2015 takes place at Cardiff University from 23rd February - 6th March 2015. The School will collaborate with the Sustainable Places Research Institute to provide a Sustainable Food Debate on 5th March at 5:30pm.
- Dr Dimitris Potoglou, School of Planning and GeographyWednesday 11th March 2015 - 5:30pm
This seminar provides an overview of evidence collected across Europe’s 27 Member States (excluding Croatia) on citizens’ preferences between security and privacy in real-life contexts
- Luke Rice, Severn Wye Energy AgencyThursday 12th March 2015 - 5:00pm
We welcome Luke Rice back to the School of Planning and Geography to take part in the Alumni Employability Lecture Series 2015. Luke now works for Severn Wye Energy Agency.
- Dr Paul Barratt, Staffordshire UniversityTuesday 17th March 2015 - 4:00pm
Be it through smart phones or dedicated devices, our bodies, lives and activities are being tracked, measured and quantified, like never before.
Research Positionality in Practice: Uncanny Reflections and the Case of Compulsive Behaviour of People with Tourette SyndromeDiana Beljaars, PhD Research Student, School of Planning and GeographyWednesday 18th March 2015 - 1:00pm
Research student Diana Beljaars will provide a lunch hour seminar as part of the Environment Research Group Seminar Series.
- Samantha Culver, TescoThursday 19th March 2015 - 5:00pm
We welcome Samantha Culver back to the School as part of the Alumni Employability Lecture Series 2015. Sam graduated from the School in 2003 and joined Tesco on their Property Services Graduate Scheme. Sam is now Supply Chain Efficiency Director.
- Anna Minton, Writer and JournalistWednesday 25th March 2015 - 5:30pm
Anna Minton is a writer and journalist and Visiting Professor at the University of East London. She will be talking about her book, ‘Ground Control: Fear and happiness in the 21st century city’ (Penguin 2012).
- Simone Cappellari, CPLAN Postgraduate/Private SectorThursday 26th March 2015 - 5:00pm
We welcome Simone Cappellari, current Spatial Planning and Development masters student to the Alumni Employment Lecture Series 2015.
- Speaker list enclosedMonday 30th March 2015 - 9:00am
Attunements strive to attain greater familiarity or intimacy with more-than-human worlds. In doing so, they experiment with creating more sustainable and egalitarian social forms.
- Dr Jon Anderson, School of Planning and GeographyTuesday 21st April 2015 - 5:30pm
This talk explores the relations between human geography and literature. It introduces how pages and places can be understood relationally, focusing on the active role that literature plays in constructing our understandings of place.
- Rob Appleby, ExertisThursday 23rd April 2015 - 5:00pm
We welcome Rob Appleby back to the School to speak for the Alumni Employability Lecture Series 2015. Rob is now employed by Exertis, one of Europe's largest and fastest growing technology distribution and specialist service providers.
- Dr Jennifer Gabrys, University of LondonTuesday 28th April 2015 - 4:00pm
Dr Jennifer Gabrys, Goldsmiths, University of London, joins the Environment Research Group Seminar series in the Glamorgan Building Council Chamber.
- Julian Dobson, Urban pollinator, sense maker, writer and editorTuesday 28th April 2015 - 5:30pm
Julian Dobson, author of the newly published How to Save Our Town Centres, will ask what kind of investments will create places where people want to live and socialise - and who are the real investors in our towns and cities.
- Mike Biddulph, School of Planning and GeographyWednesday 29th April 2015 - 5:30pm
Bring your own popcorn and join the Spatial Planning and City Environments Research Group to watch this documentary film by Andrea Dalsgaard in which Jan Gehl's critique and vision of public space design are explored.
- Sophie Donaldson, London Borough of NewhamThursday 30th April 2015 - 5:00pm
We welcome alumni Sophie Donaldson back to the School. Sophie was part of the 2004 cohort and now works at London Borough of Newham.
- Tuesday 9th June 2015 - 10:00am
The previous event was described by one Head of Geography as: 'Thoughtful, intelligent and one of the best training courses I have ever attended as a teacher.'