International & EU Staff
We welcome International and EU staff to the Staff Counselling Service. Whether you’re a member of academic or support staff, a researcher or graduate teaching student, Staff Counselling is an inclusive environment and may be able to offer the support you need.
Our staff have a wide experience of counselling International and EU staff, so they understand the issues you might be facing as we work with staff from all cultural backgrounds.
There are many reasons why you might make an appointment to see a counsellor these could be:
- Adjustment to a whole new way of life.
- Culture shock.
- The loss of family and friends who you have left behind.
- Difficulties establishing new social networks.
- Feelings of isolation.
- Being overwhelmed with anxiety and sadness.
- Feeling a lack of confidence in a new culture and the lack of confidence being unfamiliar to you.
- Having mixed feelings when returning to your home country after a long period away.
- Relationship issues.
- Having difficulty understanding the way people behave in and outside the University
We can offer you a confidential, safe, supportive and culturally sensitive environment to explore any issues you may have.