About our Volunteer Placements
Please email any questions to Susan Cousins (Placement Coordinator).
How to apply for a placement for the 2014/15 academic year
There are three easy steps:
- Check your course is accredited.
- Read our "What you Need to Know Before Applying" document.
- Complete our online Application Form (a paper copy is available upon request)
You must be studying on a BACP or BABCP accredited course
We only accept applications from students studying on courses accredited by:
- The British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- The British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP)
Important information for Cardiff University staff and students
Due to potential boundary issues, and in accordance with the BACP Ethical Framework, we do not accept applications from Cardiff University staff or students.
What we offer
Each year we offer a small number of high quality placements, on a voluntary basis, for counsellors in training:
- "In-house" supervision in line with BACP recommendations.
- Opportunities for further training.
- The opportunity to work in a professional counselling environment.
Placements may run for up to - but not more than - three years, by mutual consent.