About our Volunteer Work Experience Placements
Please email any questions to Susan Cousins (Placement Coordinator).
Volunteer Associate Counsellor Work Experience Placement Applications
The 2015-2016 application process for the recruitment of work experience placements is now open. The closing date is 16:00 on Thursday 30 April 2015. Applications will only be accepted via the online application process.
To access the online application form, please use the link contained in the word document entitled "What You Need To Know Before Applying"
You must be studying on a BACP or BABCP accredited course
We only accept applications from students studying on courses accredited by:
- The British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- The British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP)
Important information for Cardiff University staff and students
Due to potential boundary issues, and in accordance with the BACP Ethical Framework, we do not accept applications from Cardiff University staff or students.
What we offer
Each year we offer a small number of high quality work experience placements, on a voluntary basis, for counsellors in training:
- "In-house" supervision provided by BACP Senior Accredited Counsellors
- Two day induction plus further counselling related training during your placement
- The opportunity to contribute in a professional Counselling, Health and Wellbeing environment
Placements may run for up to - but not more than - three years, by mutual consent.