Working Out a Budget
Lecture at the National Eisteddfod
The following costs will need to be considered. Not all will be appropriate for every event, but are general events costs which may be incurred.
Marketing and publicity
- Direct mailing: stamps, printing of letters, letterhead etc.
- Publicity: brochures, posters etc.
- Photographer/videographer at the event
- Free publicity
- Think about using social media – Twitter, Facebook etc.
- The University Press Team
- University website etc.
- Stationery & printed materials
- Hands-on activities (i.e. for schools events)
- Student helpers
- Room hire
- Accommodation & for speakers
- Transport (if event is off-site, or if subsidising transport for schools)
- Food and refreshments at the event
There may also be further costs, depending on the nature of the event and the audience.