Dr Stuart Taylor - BSc(hons) PhD MRSC
Telephone:+44 (0)29 208 74062
Fax:+44 (0)29 208 74030
Research Group: Physical Chemistry
My research area is heterogeneous catalysis, and I have a number of major research themes of interest. These can be summarised:
- Investigation of metal oxide and precious-metal-based catalysts for the oxidative destruction of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) for environmental protection.
- Mixed metal oxide and supported metal catalysts for low temperature carbon monoxide oxidation for life-support and environmental applications.
- Development of new catalysts for selective oxidation reactions, focussing on utilisation of short-chain alkanes, oxygenated compounds, aromatics and bio-renewables.
- Improved methodologies for preparing catalysts, including novel processes such as supercritical methods for preparing high activity and greener catalysts.
- Characterisation of catalysts using a wide range of analytical techniques and in situ methodologies.
For more information, click on the 'Research' tab above.
CHT219 Preparation and Evaluation of Heterogeneous Catalysts