The Chaplaincy at 61 Park Place
The Chaplaincy at 61 Park Place is run by Christian Chaplains but welcomes staff and students of all faiths and none. It is a safe, inclusive and welcoming place whether you’re looking for support or guidance, a bit of lunch or a religious debate, or just a cup of tea and a chat. We have a variety of events going on throughout the week (Drop-In Café, Thursday Lunch, prayer times and bible study), and our Tuesday evening meetings are a mixture of socials, debates, and lectures from outside speakers that everybody can find interesting.
The Chaplaincy Building is owned by the Anglican Church in Wales, but the chaplaincy is run ecumenically by the chaplains, Rev Dr Trystan Owain Hughes and Rev Delyth Liddell. They are both experienced listeners who offer appointments for confidential pastoral and spiritual support to students and staff at the University, whether in times of trouble when things are going wrong for you either at home or in university or simply pointing you in the right direction so that you can ask the right question to the right person at the right time.
Contact Us to make an appointment.
What’s On at The Chaplaincy at 61 Park Place:
- Mon 12-2pm Drop-In Café – free tea, coffee & snacks
- Tues 4pm Simply Theology - all welcome at this cafe-style theology for beginners
- Tues 7.30pm Events - see Facebook page
- Wed 4.15pm Taize style prayer and meditation
- Wed 5pm Bible Study
- Thurs 8.30am Morning Prayer
- Thurs 1pm Soup Lunch
- Fri 11.30am Thank God It’s Friday – prayer and worship
- Fri 12-2pm Drop-In Café – free tea, coffee & snacks
For more information about the events at the Chaplaincy, join our Facebook group, ‘The Chaplaincy at Cardiff University’.