Cell analysis and imaging
Our well-equipped cell analysis and imaging facilities are staffed by experts in flow cytometry, cell sorting and electron and light microscopy.
Whether you are a first time or experienced user of these facilities, our team is here to offer you a comprehensive service to deliver the highest quality results for your project,
We can provide a fully managed service, experimental design advice or simply access to our facilities.
Flow cytometry and cell sorting
- Multiple benchtop flow cytometry instruments: Two BD FACSCanto II systems (8 colours), a ThermoFisher Attune NxT (11 colours) and a BD LSR Fortessa cell analyser (16 colours)
- BD FACSAria III (11 colours) for high speed digital cell sorting into tubes (4 way), plates (6, 24, 48, 96 and 384 wells) or onto microscope slides
- Amnis ImageStream X Mark II (up to 12 channels)
Electron and light microscopy
- Routine and specialist wax and resin embedding with full range sectioning capability
- Routine and specialist staining (including immunohistochemistry)
- Analytic scanning and transmission EM
- Critical point drying and sputter coating
- Nanoparticle isolation and characterisation
- Methodological development with notable expertise in bespoke tissue processing
- JOEL 840A SEM and access to FE1 CM12 TEM
Get in touch to discuss how we can support your research:
Central Biotechnology Services
- Telephone:+44 (0)29 2068 7004
If you are already registered on our equipment booking system, sign in to make a booking.