Dr David Morgan
Dr Morgan graduated from Cardiff University with a BSc honours degree and followed this with a PhD in Surface Science and Catalysis.
Having undertaken post doctoral positions on a number of surface science/catalysis projects, David is now the XPS service manager and fronts the EPSRC supported "Access to XPS" service, and also oversees a number of surface science laboratories within the School of Chemistry.
David's research interests are varied and include:
- Preparation, characterisation and reactivity of model catalysts
- Surface chemistry of Ceria and related materials
- Photoelectron spectroscopy of transuranium-elements
- High pressure photoelectron spectroscopy
- Reactivity and characterisation of gold / gold-alloy catalysts
- Time resolved XPS of reactions in ionic liquids
David also teaches surface analysis on the MSc Catalysis course, and maintains several websites, including the CCI site.