PhD in Catalysis at the joint Centre for Doctoral Training (CDT) (based in Bath, Bristol and Cardiff)
The EPSRC funded Centre for Doctral Training (CDT) in Catalysis is recruiting high quality applicants for training towards a PhD.
Based in the three centres of Bath, Bristol and Cardiff, and working closely with UK industry, a PhD at the Catalysis CDT is a 4 year course that offers an unparalleled opportunity to conduct cutting edge research in all areas of catalysis from theory to engineering. During your first year, you will spend time at all three universities, before deciding on which area of catalytic chemistry or engineering to specialise in during your research project.
Course title: 4 Yr PhD Programme in Catalysis CDT
Course code: RFPDCEMI
How to apply:
- You are encouraged to fill in the online application form, rather than complete the paper copy
- Fill out the online application form through the Cardiff Postgraduate applications system
Please include with your application and send at the same time:
- Two referee letters of support. These can either be uploaded with your online application or emailed to - email@example.com IMPORTANT: it is the applicant's responsibility that two referee support letters are provided with applications
- IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO SUBMIT A RESEARCH PROPOSAL - Instead we require a detailed personal statement of why you want to study the Catalysis CDT 4-year PhD programme and why you are suitable (approximately 500 words)
- A CV detailing education and relevant work experience
If you would prefer to submit a hard copy of your PhD application, or send hard copies of references, please send such items to the Postgraduate Admissions Office:
The Postgraduate Admissions Office
PO Box 927
For informal enquiries: contact Sarah Warner (+44 (0)29 208 74059).