Why is the Cardiff People Programme Necessary?
In today’s fast moving, technology focused world, we all expect instant access to view and update our information. We want interaction with service providers to be straightforward and their processes to be transparent and well thought out. We expect answers to our questions to be easy to find and when we are asked to do things, we expect clear instructions and systems and processes that are intuitive and fit for purpose.
The University aims to be one of the world’s leading universities with an academic community recognised for its international distinction and impact. Rapid and efficient HR processes and enhanced use of business intelligence in decision making have been identified as key enablers in achieving this objective.
What will Cardiff People mean for me?
In addition to making your interaction with the HR and Payroll teams more straightforward, the major development for staff will be the introduction of self service.
Via an online self service portal, employees will have access to:
- Job and pay information.
- View and print correspondence issued by HR and Payroll in respect of terms and conditions.
- View career history.
- View their training record.
- View and print an online payslip and P60.
- View and update personal information such as contact details, next of kin and equality and diversity information
- Request a training course.
- View and participate in an appraisal.
- Apply for a job online.
- View their annual leave balance and request holiday.
Via an online manager toolkit, managers will have access to:
- View the job and pay information of the staff they manage.
- View the career history of the staff they manage.
- View the contact information of the staff they manage
- Register their staff on a training event.
- Manage the probation and appraisal process.
- Short list and hire successful candidates.
- Record sickness information including notification of Bradford Factor triggers hit.
- Approve annual leave requests.
- Run reports on key areas such as sickness, appraisal completion levels and turnover.
- Approve submitted time sheet requests.
- Request changes to terms and conditions (e.g. hours / cost codes)