The Cardiff People Programme was established to design and deliver standardised and user friendly ways of managing our working life not only by implementing new IT systems, but by transforming the way people-related services are accessed by each and every one of us.
As an institution, Cardiff University recognises that we need to adapt and develop and so have identified a programme of activity to help us deliver the kind of service our staff have told us they want. In today’s fast-moving and technology focused world, we all expect instant access to view and update our information. We want interaction with service providers to be straightforward and answers to our questions to be easily available. When we are asked for information, we expect clear instructions and systems & processes that are intuitive and fit for purpose.
In essence, the purpose of the Cardiff People Programme is to support Cardiff University’s ‘The Way Forward’ strategy by contributing to the modernisation of the way we work and replacing outdated paper-based systems with online services. As individuals, we will have access to view our own data, input changes or requests and track progress online. We will know exactly where our request is, be it for holiday, for time-sheets or for a contractual change, and what its status is. As recruiters or managers, we will be able to manage processes effectively and have access to clear reports to give us timely, accurate overview information on our team or department.
The key aims of the programme are to;
- Equip the University with a People Management System consistent with its scale, complexity and strategic direction
- Enable the University to comply with its statutory duties in relation to collection of people management data
- Modernise the University’s processes using automated workflow and therefore reducing the administrative overhead
- Deliver improved management information supporting better decision making and the University’s strategic objective to be a world leading university
- Implement a system with sufficient flexibility to support the University
- Design fit for purpose and easy to use and access people management processes
- Support full integration of functions, processes and data across the University
- Provide managers with the tools they need to support and lead their teams
Find out more
On implementation, an eLearning module was created for users to familiarise themselves with the project and system which is now available below as a PDF
See the Latest News section of this web site for the most up to date information on the project. If you would like to talk to someone about the Programme, please email email@example.com and a member of the project team will get back to you.