Become a member of the Branch – Information for Students
Once you register with the Coleg Cymraeg, you become a member of the Branch.
The ‘University Students’ category will include every student at a higher education institution in Wales who wishes to join the Coleg. Membership will be open to all students.
University Students will receive the following benefits / advantages upon joining the Coleg:
- Access to the y Porth learning resources (the Coleg’s resource and e-learning platform based on the Blackboard system)
- Able to pursue collaborative provision via they Porth.
- Eligible to receive the Coleg’s ‘Language Skills Certificate’.
- Eligible to apply for Coleg M Level Scholarships.
- Receive information about other postgraduate scholarships and events such as research conferences, subject conferences, national activities etc.
- Receive information about work experience opportunities connected to student sponsorship schemes.
- Receive information about opportunities such as the Coleg’s Postgraduate Research Scholarships, academic posts and possibly posts at partners of the Coleg.
- Receive regular information about activities of interest.
On a practical level, student membership will include:
- Students studying modules supported by the Coleg. Each module supported by the Coleg will be taught via they Porth, so students will have to be members of the Coleg to register on these modules and gain access to the materials.
- Students at Welsh universities who do not study modules on they Porth but who could benefit from the materials and resources on they Porth;
- Students not studying through the medium of Welsh at present, but who could be interested in Coleg activities, and who have an interest in receiving information about the Coleg’s activities, and further opportunities, such as via the M Level Scholarships scheme and the Postgraduate Research Scholarships Scheme.
Click here to join.