Our research earns grants and investments totalling millions of pounds. With these investments, our team has rapidly grown to more than 45.
Our experts are acknowledged as undertaking work of national and international significance. Our research focus is on some of the most aggressive forms of cancer including gastrointestinal cancers, pancreatic cancer, lung cancer and endocrine related cancers, which are amongst the priority areas in healthcare and cancer research in both the UK and China. Our research work has a special focus on metastatic disease.
Our current research themes include:
- tumour-induced angiogenesis, lymph angiogenesis and intervention
- targeting invasion and metastasis-inducing molecules
- molecular screening and profiling of tumour metastasis related genes
- development of new anti-angiogenesis and anti-metastasis agents.
Our links with China have resulted in rewarding outcomes including:
- joint research publications
- new diagnosis
- new medicines
- scientist exchanges.