Funding and costs
The Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) scheme is part funded by a number of sponsors including all of the UK Research Councils, Welsh Government and Innovate UK, who are responsible for managing the scheme.
The sponsors provide the following funding:
- a 67% for SMEs
- a 50% grant for large organisations
Each KTP grant application is assessed against a list of criteria to ensure that the proposal fits within the agreed mission and objectives of the programme.
The net cost to you varies depending on the project but as a guide:
- £20,000 per year for an SME
- £30,000 per year for a large organisation
This investment, only slightly more than a starting wage for a high-level graduate, gives you:
- an Associate working full-time on the project
- the time of the lead academic
- a travel and equipment budget
- access to the University’ facilities and equipment that the Associate may require to do their job
- an Associate Training and Development budget which gives the Associate new skills to enhance the project further
- a range of administrative and logistical support from the University and the central KTP team.
How to apply
- A KTP grant application is completed jointly by you and the academic partner, with support from our KTP team
- The regional KTP Adviser will visit you to confirm the project’s viability at an early stage of the process
- Submission deadlines are every two months
- The KTP team coordinate the whole application process, to ensure that the appropriate deadline is met.