First or upper second class UK Honours degree or equivalent. For the PhD and MD, this requirement may be waived for candidates with MSc or MPhil.
At least a lower second class UK Honours degree, or equivalent standard from an overseas university, in a relevant biological, biomedical or biomolecular science subject.
For Overseas and EU (non-UK) applicants, the minimum requirements for English Language are
- IELTS 6.5, with a minimum of 5.5 in each element
- TOEFL Computer Based Test = 237
- TOEFL Internet Based Test = 90
- GCSE/IGCSE grade C or above
- Pearson Test of English - Academic (PTE-A) = 62
- International Baccalaureate Diploma (English Language at HL or SL) = Grade 5
- Successful completion of Cardiff University's pre-sessional English language course of at least 8 weeks' duration with a minimum of IELTS 6.0 with minimum sub scores of 4.0 in each of the four skill areas at entry.
Please note that the University is no longer able to accept the TOEFL Paper Based Test as proof of an applicant's English Language competency.
If you have a different English qualification to what is listed above please contact us. If you do not have the required score you may wish to consider an English Language Course at Cardiff University