Our graduates can take advantage of professional opportunities in a range of sectors from academic, industrial or environmental to medical and commercial.
In 2015, 86% of the School's graduates (who were available for work) reported that they were in employment and/or further study within six months of graduation.
We have a dedicated Employability Advisor based in the School who will encourage you to explore the full range of opportunities within and beyond bioscience.
Services you can take advantage of include:
- individual work experience consultations
- CV and cover letter checking service
- summer placement opportunities
- support for professional training year applications
- lectures, industry specific talks and tours
Most of our degrees can be taken as a four year sandwich course. This allows you to spend your third year in relevant industry employment. We make every effort to ensure that your placement gives you the type of practical experience and training appropriate to your career aspirations.
Students have been placed in organisations such as:
- the Forensic Science Service
- Bristol Cancer Research Centre
- the Environment Agency
- Paignton Zoo Environmental Park
- the Royal Botanical Gardens (Kew).
Placements for the Neuroscience degree are often in Europe or the USA, such as the Roskamp Institute, Florida, USA.