PGT and UG Briefing Sessions – SIMS Implementation
Briefing sessions are being held to support the management of assessment processes for PGT programmes on SIMS during the Spring 2013 examination period, and to continue the partnership approach adopted as we work together to implement the new Award Rules.
The sessions will also present information relating to the management of UG programmes on SIMS from session 2013/14 onward.
All schools are requested to send a representative to one of these meetings.
The sessions will provide an opportunity to:
- discuss how SIMS will support the assessment of PGT students and the operation of Examining Boards;
- establish whether there are any issues that may arise and if so how these can be addressed;
- consider ways in which assessment information on SIMS can be reviewed to ensure its completeness;
- recap on the processes for calculating module marks, and running progression and award rules;
- demonstrate how Business Objects reports are run for the preparation of results for Examining Boards, and;
- review the support that is proposed to be made available to assist schools to operate Examining Boards.
To book a place please click on one of the links below.
Wednesday 24 April, 2.00pm – 3.30pm
Room 4.8, Floor 4, Ty Dewi Sant, Heath Park
Friday 26 April, 2.00pm – 3.30pm
Room 1.77, Council Chamber, Main Building
Any queries about the sessions should be directed to Marina John in Registry, via JohnM5@cardiff.ac.uk, tel. ext. 75146