Why are we implementing a new business management system at Cardiff University?
The University relies on being able to access robust management information quickly. This new system, delivered by a market leading provider and already in use in many other leading universities, will serve the organisation well in delivering a flexible, integrated finance, project management and procurement system.
What are the benefits of Project Arian?
- The system will provide a new, and consistent approach to carrying out financial and project management activities.
- Project Arian will introduce new and consistent business processes to support optimal use of the new system.
- Schools and Divisions will have more control over their own purchasing of goods and services, improving budgetary control and with greater support from Central Finance.
- Managers will be able to better track financial expenditure, manage budgets and better forecast on projects of all sizes and scope.
- Resulting efficiencies will be reinvested by Schools and Divisions into more productive activities.
What will Oracle e-Business suite look like?
Who will be affected?
Oracle e-Business Suite will replace Coda, Honours, Hyperdata and RACDV Research Management System (MIS). Therefore, any users of these systems will in time move across to using the new system. All staff in Divisions and Schools will be given specific training throughout the second half of October, the whole of November and into December. For more information, please see the ‘What will it do for me’ link on the left.
When will the new system go live?
The new system is scheduled to go live from the 1st December 2009. There will be a phased roll-out and all users will undergo training before they begin to use the system.