Dr Simon Lannon
Research Fellow, Director of Research
- +44 (0)29 2087 4437
- 3.10, Bute Building
- Research group:
- Architectural Science Group
Director of Research
Module leader for Low Carbon Footprint on the Architectural Science Masters
Energy and environmental models at all scales, from the person to a regional scale. The use of Geographic Information systems (GIS) to model the built environment at an urban scale. Monitoring the energy use and performance of buildings.
Current and recent projects include:
- Re-engineering the City 2020-2050 (RETROFIT 2050)
- Smart Operation for a Low Carbon Energy Region (SOLCER)
- LCBE Urban Scale Demand and Supply
- Spatio-temporal energy efficiency visualisation (STEEV)
- Energy and Environment Prediction (EEP) project
- Delivering Low Carbon Buildings Cymru
- Health impact, and economic value, of meeting housing quality standards
- OPERAT: Older People’s External Residential Assessment Tool
- Housing And Neighbourhoods And Health Project
- Monitoring Maes yr Onn Farm – off gird case study
- Monitoring the Retrofit for the Future house, Solutions for a Holistic Optimal Retrofit (SHOR) – 1980s urban end of terrace house
Building physics, building energy consumption modelling at an urban scale.
2 PhD second supervised to completion; currently second supervising 4 PhDs.
Additional supervision interests
Urban heat island, environmental design software.
Low Carbon Footprint module leader for the Architectural Science Masters.
Supervising 1 PhD student (second supervising 7 PhD students).