Diana C Waldron
LCRI Research Assistant (Architectural Engineer)
Welsh School of Architecture
Bute Building, King Edward VII Avenue
- To liaise with people involve in the LCBE, LCRI and the Welsh School of Architecture, aiming to develop knowledge and tools to reduce carbon dioxide emissions associate with the build environment.
- To develop case studies and database of building energy and infrastructure models.
- To assist in the development of dynamic simulation models for buildings and urban scale projects.
- To liaise with project partners, other research colleagues and support staff.
- To assist in the development of prototype energy master planning model for new and existing developments allowing very early stage design advice regarding the applicability of building form and low carbon technologies.
- To actively participate as a member of the research community.
- To contribute to research papers.
- Particularly interested in holistic sustainability of designs and strategies to reduce carbon emissions.
- Research background on the development of Eco-Towns in the UK and implementation of green technology within urban developments.
- Currently working on thermal modelling. Furthermore, exploring the building infrastructure as a mean to develop urban and regional carbon emission modelling tools to predict energy demand and supply for domestic and non-domestic buildings.