Prof Peter Pearson
Prof. Peter J G Pearson is Director of the Low Carbon Research Institute of Wales (LCRI):
- He is a Visiting Professor at Imperial College London and at the University of Surrey.
- Until 2009, he was Professor of Energy & Environmental Studies and Director of the Imperial College Centre for Energy Policy & Technology (ICEPT).
- Until 1994, he was Director of Surrey Energy Economics Centre (SEEC) at the University of Surrey.
- He was Senior Visitor (1987-88), Cambridge Energy Research Group, Cavendish Laboratory, Cambridge University (Life Member, Clare Hall).
Long run energy and infrastructure transitions: their past and future energy and environmental policy implications.
Key Experience / Recognition includes:
- Member (2011- ) of the international Scientific Advisory Board, E.ON Energy Research Centre, RWTH Aachen University, Germany;
- Chair (2009- ), the Advisory Board for the Carbon Trust's Carbon Trust Standard;
- Member (2012), the Academy of Finland's Expert Evaluation Panel of the Finnish Strategic Centre for Science, Technology and Innovation (SHOK) in energy and environment;
- Chair (2011- ), Wales Higher Education Brussels Low Carbon European Research Coordinating Group;
- Specialist Adviser (2007-08), House of Commons Select Committee Enquiry into Renewable Electricity;
- Invited to give The Queen's Lecture 2007, Technical University of Berlin;
- Campbell Watkins Energy Journal Best Paper Award 2006 for 'Seven Centuries of Energy Services: the Price and Use of Light in the United Kingdom' (with Roger Fouquet);
- Economic Adviser (2001- ) to World Bank Inspection Panel: reviewing economic analyses of World Bank major projects on energy and water in Uganda, Chad/Cameroon and Colombia;
- Chair (2005), International Evaluation Panel on Environment and Societal Sciences for the Academy of Finland;
- Member (2005-2009), EPSRC Peer Review College;
- Member (2002-2006), European Commission Advisory Group on Energy (AGE);
- Member (2003-4), UK National Audit Office Emissions Trading Review Expert Panel;
- Member (2003), High Level Review Panel of the European Commission WETO Project;
- Chairman (1992, 2002), Council Member (1989-2010), British Institute of Energy Economics (BIEE);
- Vice President for Publications (1994-97), Council Member (1993-97) International Association for Energy Economics (IAEE);
- ESRC Global Environmental Change Research Fellowship (1993) on international environmental priorities - research in India, Hong Kong & S. Korea;
- Secretary (1984-91), Input Output Research Association;
- Co-founder (1984) Third World Energy Policy Study Group;
- Winner, Lockwood West Poetry Speaker's Prize, Speak-A-Poem 2000
- Peter Pearson has authored/co-authored 225 scholarly publications.
- Served editorial boards: The Energy Journal; Journal of Natural Resources Policy Research; Energy Economics; Energy Policy.
Conference / seminar papers and presentations
- Have been made in five continents and twenty-five countries: Austria, Chile, China, France, Germany, Denmark, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Republic of China (Taiwan), Saudi Arabia, Slovenia, South Korea, Sweden, Switzerland, UK, USA.
Recent Research Projects