Research Assistant WEST
The WEST (Welsh Energy Sector Training) project is supported by the Low Carbon Research Institute’s (LCRI) Convergence Energy Programme and its main is to develop skills to aid the utilisation and uptake of new technologies developed through the LCRI industrial research projects. This will ensure that industrial research is disseminated through both traditional educational streams as well as directly to industry through Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
Visit the WEST website
- To develop guides, documentation, demonstration datasets and tutorial material for a wide range of computer simulation packages.
- To identify skills gaps within the Low Carbon Built Environment Sector
- To develop new energy efficiency teaching materials for Masters level application.
- To develop and update existing masters level materials on the subject of energy efficiency.
- To liaise with project partners throughout this process.
- To make additions to other existing on-line teaching material.
Environmental design as applied in the built environment which includes:
- Environmental design strategies and systems throughout the whole construction life cycle (concept, design, construction, operation)
- Low energy and low carbon building design (new built, refurbishment)
- Embodied energy and its calculation
- Thermal performance of Buildings
- Dissemination of sustainable design practices related to the built environment and assistance towards their application by the Industry through continued professional development (CPD)