Research Group: Architectural Science Group
Welsh School of Architecture
Bute Building, King Edward VII Avenue
I have been active in the field of research into the performance of buildings and building elements since 1981. My current research interests are:
- Holistic design of buildings and services
- The energy performance of A/C systems
- Energy profiles of buildings and services
- Integration of Renewable Energy Systems, Thermal Energy Storage and Buildings
- Energy consumption of activities in buildings
For over 20 years my research activities have been focussed on reducing Carbon emissions from the Built Environment without affecting the quality of the amenities enjoyed by its users.
This research has been primarily funded by Government and/or Industry, and has ranged from fundamental research, e.g. to establish the actual energy consumption of Air Conditioning Systems in Offices, through to a Teaching Company Scheme with a local SME.
I am: Vice-Chairman of the Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE) Combined Heat and Power (CHP) Group (formed October 2003), which supersedes the CIBSE CHP Panel of which I was Chairman.