Thermal environments and occupant thermal comfort in Iranian office buildings
The thesis aims to explore the possibility of improving the indoor thermal condition in the provision of thermal comfort in office environment in a hot dry climate region of Iran while increasing productivity and reducing energy consumption. The objectives of the research are:
- To investigate the thermal comfort conditions provided in existing offices in Iran with the particular aim of establishing how the office layout and the internal thermal environments provided affect the perceived thermal comfort conditions achieved for the occupants
- To establish whether ISO 7730, ASHRAE Standard 55 and other established international comfort standards apply in Iran, or whether cultural expectations alter these figures.
- To investigate whether this thermal environment could be improved through Building fabric alterations.
From this work it is hoped to provide a theoretical basis for revising the thermal comfort regulations in Iran.
MSc in Architecture in 1996 from Iran University of Science and Technology in Tehran, Iran
Since 1996 I am a lecturer in Architectural department in Engineering Faculty in Ilam University, Ilam, Iran
- Nasrollahi, N, Environmental Factors and Productivity in Office Buildings, Proceeding of IRCE 2005 the 13th multi-disciplinary Iranian Researchers Conference in Europe, Leeds, UK , 2005.
- Nasrollahi, N, Jones, P, Knight, I, Survey on Indoor Environment Quality (IEQ) in Offices in Iran, Proceeding of 19th iaps International conference: Environment, Health and Sustainable Development, Alexandria, Egypt, 11-16 September, 2006.
- Nasrollahi, N, Perception and calculation of indoor thermal comfort in Iranian office buildings, Proceeding of Postgraduate Research Students Conference, Welsh School of Architecture, Cardiff, 24th November, 2006.
- Nasrollahi, N, Knight, I and Jones, P, Surveyed Thermal Comfort in Iranian Offices, Proceeding of 9th REHVA world congress Clima 2007 Well-Being Indoors, Helsinki, Finland, 10-14 June, 2007.
- Nasrollahi, N, Knight, I, Jones, P, A comparative analysis of thermal comfort between HVAC and evaporative cooling systems in office buildings in Iran, Proceeding of CISBAT 2007 International Scientific Conference, Lausanne, Switzerland, pp 383-388, 4-5 September, 2007.
- Nasrollahi, N, Knight, I, Jones, P, Occupant Indoor Environmental Quality (IEQ): Results of a survey in office buildings in Iran, Proceeding of 2nd Palenc and the 28th AIVC Conference, Crete, Greece, 27-29 September, 2007.
- Nasrollahi, N, Knight, I and Jones, P, Workplace Satisfaction and Thermal Comfort in Air Conditioned Office Buildings: Findings from a Summer Survey and Field Experiments in Iran, accepted for publication in Indoor and Built Environment Journal, 2007.
Back to Past Student List