CRiBE Research Assistant
Welsh School of Architecture
Bute Building, King Edward VII Avenue
- Be part of a team within the CRiBE disseminating research outputs to the Welsh construction industry.
- Provide support for research and consultancy activities relating to the measurement and prediction of environmental conditions and energy use in buildings.
- Collect, collate, manipulate and analyse data from site and laboratory based monitoring procedures
- Assist in consultation workshops with architects & software developers to develop ideas for enhancing current modeling techniques to cater for designing low/zero carbon buildings.
- Assist in the assessment of in-use performance of low carbon buildings
- Develop monitoring plans and research and commercial proposals
- Contribute to the preparation of future project funding applications
- Assessment and promotion of sustainability issues in the built environment
- Holistic design of buildings and services, especially for historical and ‘hard to heat’ buildings
- Integration of Renewable Energy Systems