ARCCA: Service Overview and Core Services
ARCCA seeks to grow, and continue to develop, the range of services provided to Cardiff's researchers. This section presents an overview of each core service supported by ARCCA, all of which enable many researchers and staff to conduct their research activities.
Whilst in many cases, only the 'front end' of the service is visible to users – the Raven cluster – it should be noted that it would be impossible for these services to continue to run, without the underlying infrastructure and support provided by Information Services e.g. networking, security, etc.
Core services supported by ARCCA
Scale and scope
- 100s of unique users of ARCCA's services.
- Raven system has a computing power of several hundred desktop PCs.
- ARCCA facilities now used across Cardiff university.
- Raven utilisation consistently at or above 70%, the target figure.
- ARCCA is playing a leading role in the nationally-important HPC Wales initiative.