Skip to content
Skip to navigation menu


Employment Issues


This page hopes to help with employment issues for students dealing with questions about income tax and National Insurance

A lot of students work part time whilst at university. This may be during term time and in vacations. The University recommends students do not work more than 15 hours per week and that final year students do not work at all if possible.

Obviously however it is up to the individual as to how they think they can cope bearing in mind personal capability and course load.

For advice on tax and national insurance issues, download one of the following documents:

For tips on CV writing, interview technique or finding work experience you may like to visit the Careers Service.

Related Resources