We aim to bring about social, environmental, economic and health benefits not only to Wales but to the wider world.
The sustainable development of the University is one of the responsibilities of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor. We work closely with our nominated trade union green representatives and student representatives in all our university committees. Student and trade union representatives are involved in development and consultation of all our sustainability-related policies.
Our actions are guided by the following sustainability principles:
- Minimising our environmental impact at all levels of operation and be an exemplar of best practice.
- Ensuring we are a diverse, healthy, creative and inspiring ‘space’ to study and work.
- Advancing the University as a centre of research excellence for sustainability and an ambassador locally, regionally and internationally.
- Promoting sustainability issues and principles with all staff, students and stakeholders
- Enabling the application of our innovative research to improve the sustainability of the University
- Embedding the principles of Education for Sustainable Development and Global Citizenship (ESDGC) into our student experience.
If you have questions or would like further information about sustainability in the University, please get in touch: