Court is a widely representative body, giving the various constituencies or stakeholders with an interest in the University a formal route for receiving information and raising issues.
Meetings of the Court are held once a year (usually in March) and are chaired by our Chancellor, Professor Sir Martin Evans. The Annual Report and Financial Statements are received at the meeting.
The main functions of the Court are:
- appointing members of the Court
- receiving the Annual Report on the work of the University from the President and Vice-Chancellor
- receiving the audited Statement of Accounts
- appointing three members of the Court to serve on a Nominations Committee to appoint a Chancellor
- discussing any matters relating to the University and to advise the Council as it sees fit.